Some men spend a substantial amount of time searching for the best push present ideas, but put forth zero effort, when it comes to wrapping. Some even simply throw the present in a gift bag, and don’t even add decorative tissue paper! This is one of the most significant gifts she will ever receive, so the wrapping really should be as exciting as the gift is. It is the appetizer to the entrée, and should be treated as so. Below are some ideas that will make your wrapping a bit more personal.
- Natural Elements – Contrary to popular belief, every present does not need to have a bow. Why not skip the bow completely and use natural elements like seashells, sand dollars, fresh flowers or vines. You can even glue polished stones to the top.
- Personalized Wrapping Paper – You may be surprised at just how easy it is to create a design on your computer and then print it. This could be something as simple as a few words or it could be as extravagant as your baby’s newborn picture.
- Cards – Have you been holding onto a lot of old cards she has given you through the years? Why not wrap the present in wrapping paper and then glue or tape the face of some of these cards to it?
- Fabric – You can skip the wrapping paper completely and use fabric. Go to the fabric store and find some beautiful crushed velvet material and a piece of satin ribbon. You will bring the material all together at the top and tie the ribbon around in a bow to hold it close.
- Ponytail Holders – If you are gathering paper or material together at one or both ends, skip the ribbon and use baby ponytail holders. This is highly recommended if you know you are having a little girl and you intend on putting bows in her hair anyway!
- Scrapbook Pieces – If you have never spent any time in the scrapbook isle at the craft store, prepare to be overwhelmed. You can find all sorts of things to glue to the present.
- Clothing – A baby scarf, hat or pair of pajamas can be used for small gift boxes. Simply hold the wrapping closed with a ribbon or ponytail holder.
- Egg Carton – Take the bottom of the egg carton and fold it in half, creating a box. You can paint this with shimmery or metallic paint and add velvet ribbon, and you have a delicate gift box.
If you really want to surprise her and make this gift as magical as the baby inspiring it, then the entire time you are searching for push present ideas, you should also be thinking about the wrapping as well.